Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Trip to Spokane!!

Brad's younger brother Shaun was coming home from his mission and we wanted to go and spend time with him and the family before he headed back to school this fall! It turned out that my parents had some vacation time before he came home so I flew home for a couple weeks to spend time with them before Brad was able to get off work and come up to have a little vacation of his own. 

Sunday, August 3rd, Brad and I got up around 4:30 am to pack up the car and drive down to the Burbank Airport! We never can judge how much traffic we are going to run into so we always leave extra early! We left the house about 6:00 am and got to the airport at 8:00 am. My flight wasn't until 11:50 am! 
So we decided to go park in a McDonald's parking lot to kill some time! (We did end up eating there :/ not my first choice but there wasn't much around)


We took this cute picture of us before we headed into the airport! Brad was able to walk me to the gate and wait with us before Aubrey and I boarded! Let me tell you security was crazy with the stroller and the milk that we brought. We were probably at security for 20 minutes waiting for them to go through all of our stuff, even after we had gone through the metal detectors. I was so glad they let Brad come and help me!! Soon it was time for us to board, it was hard to say goodbye. We were rushed while boarding and I could only get a quick kiss before we headed towards the plane. My eyes got teary right after I gave the man my boarding pass. The next few weeks were a blast that you will be able to see from the loads of pictures but it was hard to be apart from Brad during that time! 

Aubrey did great on the plane! We stopped in Phoenix for a short layover and my old neighbor growing up, Courtney, met us there. She was flying home to Spokane from visiting her Brother in LA. It worked out great! I saw Courtney about 5 times on my trip and we didn't take a single picture! I don't know what that was about! 

So Aubrey and I arrived in Spokane and my parents picked us up! We then headed over to my Grandma's house! Aubrey interacted with her first dog! Lulu was so excited to have a friend her size! 
I was so surprised at how well Lulu did with her because I am pretty sure Aubrey just wanted to grab her face off! 

The next day Great Grandma Carma came over and spent the evening with us! 
Aubrey loves her GG Carma! 

4 generations!! 
Aubrey sat in her Bumbo chair while we were eating! 

Each morning Aubrey went outside with Papa to play in the fountain and to feed the birds!  
"Look how big I am, Mom!!"
It was so fun to watch her explore in the water! 


Aubrey checked out all of the feeders and helped papa fill them! After they were filled they watched the backyard friends come and eat! 

Squirrels... 
and all sorts of birds. 

While my mom had to run in and do a few things at the office Me, Aubrey and Papa went up to Greenbluff and bought some peaches and had an ice cream cone! I had salted caramel. 
Aubrey was more fascinated with my ice cream instead of those gorgeous peaces in front of her! 
On our way down the bluff we stopped and took a picture with the thousands of apricots on the trees! 

We later met up with my mom and headed  to GG Carma's house to play cards! 
Aubrey was Mimi's helper when playing rummy!
The next morning I got up and headed to get my hair cut! 
Before
Kerry has been doing my hair since I was a Junior in High school. She was then in Hair School at Glen Dow and was actually assigned to do my hair for a pageant I was in. Since then, she has done my hair for school dances, my wedding, and all my cuts when I am home visiting! 
The Finished Product! 

Courtney came and sat with Aubrey while I was getting my hair cut! After to "Thank" her we went to breakfast at I-HOP! She had taken this picture of me so I could send a picture to Brad. 

Another morning of spreading seed for the squirrels. 
He sure loves being a Papa! 

Later that morning we headed up to Mt. Spokane and stopped at Jim Olsen's house. We set up the hummingbird feeders and the hummingbirds came right up to me and Aubrey. She was so good and sat very still to see them! I love this picture! It looks like they are having a starring contest! 

Haha Aubrey's face of eating rice cereal mixed with peas. 

One of the next days my Mom and I took a Girls Day!! We went and got pedicures and went shopping! Thank you mom for buying me a cute new outfit complete with shoes!! 

The first Friday I was there my Dad and I went to the temple to do sealings! It was a great evening! I hadn't been to the temple since April, so it was great to go again! I have missed being so close to a temple! Thank you to Mimi for babysitting Aubrey! 


How I love my Dad! 

Saturday we went to to the aquatic center at my Grandma's community center. This is a aquatic track that you can set the resistance and run against. We just turned it up to the highest resistance, grabbed a floaty, and took a ride with the current! 

Aubrey is such a cheese ball! 

Sunday Aubrey and I wore our new outfits to church that Mimi bought! We were matching too so that is always a plus! 

After church we had special guests visit at the Assmus home. My long lost childhood friend Brittney McGetrick and family! We have been friends since we moved to Spokane back in 1996. Brittney and her family moved to Las Vegas in 1999 and now live in Temecula, CA! They were up visiting family and took a stroll in the old neighborhood! I am so glad we could catch up and that they could all meet Aubrey! 

All of the McGetrick Sisters! 
Mackayla, Brittney, and Danika
Aubrey loved Kathie, the girls' Mom! 

We had such a wonderful visit! Thank you for stopping by and reminiscing on our childhood memories! 

Some of these pictures are out of order and all my days kind of got mixed up so I will just fill you in on what other fun things we did! 

Shopping at Target for diapers and baby food! 

Enjoying the cool evenings! We don't know what those are in California! Aubrey thought she was pretty cool with putting her feet up on the fountain!

Notice how wet she is... Yeah she figured out how to put her finger in the hole and spray everyone! 

She would play in that all day if she could! 

I haven't mentioned any of the delicious food that we had!  We had jalepeno burgers, corn on the cob, zucchini casserole, potato salad, cucumber salad, and so much more! Aubrey just ate peas... and her bib! 

More time spent at GG Carma's house and fun on her new swing!
Snuggles for Papa! 

Her expressions are priceless! 



That night we went to the Spokane Indians Baseball Game! It was so fun! 
We took some selfies!


And then Aubrey took a little snooze before the Indians won the game and before the fireworks started! 
The fireworks surprised her! 
Papa held her ears so she could enjoy them without the noise! She was mesmerized by them! It was so cute!!  



The grand finale! 

One of my friends since Kindergarden came over to visit! Nikki Stam is preparing to get married next Summer! I am so excited for her! Thanks for catching up! I have missed you! 

The next week my mom had to go back to work so we went and visited her! I got my teeth cleaned and we brought Mimi lunch! 

We then visited GG Carma again before she left for her 55th Class Reunion! 
Trying on Papa's Hat was pretty fun! 
Especially when we all gave her attention! 

That week Aubrey was teething too! We had a couple of late nights! Thanks Mom and Dad for helping out with that! Papa figured out Aubrey's love of Baby Einstein and watched several episodes throughout the week on Papa's Ipad! 

Aubrey liked helping Papa in his office! She stole his extra mouse and insisted having it during her diaper change! 

With Papa working at home we got lots of time with him during the day! Aubrey learned to sit up and liked playing ball! 
Watching cartoons on Papa's lunch break! 

One of the last days I was in town Savannah and Averi came to visit! Both childhood friends! Savannah just married one of my brothers best friends and Averi recently graduated from Mephis playing soccer! So fun to catch up with friends and to see the exciting events in each others lives. 

A trip to Spokane isn't complete until we visit Uncle Jon! 

If only babies could talk I think she would have a story to tell us about Uncle Jon! 


So glad that Families are Forever! 


This cute girl entertained everyone in Sunday School! 

 My mom's famous potato salad! It was too pretty to not take a picture! 

An Afternoon was spent up at Band Camp! So good to see the staff that I coached with a few years back when I was first married! It was crazy to see all my color guard girls who were once Freshman and now are Seniors! They are going to have a great season this year! 

One more visit to Green Bluff! This time to pick blueberries!!



And we had to pick up more "Bend Over Peaches" They are so juicy you literally have to bend over to eat them! 



Long days call for long naps!!

I have missed these golden wheat fields! 

Brunch with my Mom and Dad at old European! 

I also ran into one of my old teachers while on a walk! She asked me to stop by and pick up a video of my 4th grade play! So we went to Colbert Elementary and picked that up and then went and found my tile that I made in 4th grade too! Mine is the Ballerina since everything in my life was about dance back then! 


The last night I was there my parents ward had a dutch oven cook off! We made 3 different items! My mom and I were doing the prep in the kitchen and my Dad was in charge of the charcoals. 

We made orange chicken stir fry, pheasant with gravy, and peach cobbler with pecans. They were all so delicious!! 

The last day in Spokane, before I met the Duffy's at the airport to pick up Brad, was spent downtown at Riverfront Park! 

Aubrey's first carousel ride!



Up top on the Big Red Wagon

Enjoying the view of the falls! 

Spokane you are beautiful! 


Walking around with Mimi!



Lots of kisses!! 

I don't think they knew I was taking pictures! They were saying their last goodbyes!
She loves her Mimi and Papa so much! 
Thank you for such a wonderful week! You spoiled us rotten but we loved every moment of it! 

I will always call Spokane Home! I miss it everyday! I just love that you can do so many things every time of the year! I am grateful I grew up in such a wonderful place! I am sad I didn't appreciate it much until I left! We look forward to our next visit around Christmas time! 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love the one with the mouse. She has the best personality!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I did not know that you were taking pictures!! SO many wonderful pictures! Better memories!

    ReplyDelete