Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Two Weeks Old

On Tuesday February 18, Aubrey hit her two week mark! 
We went to her two week check up and she had passed her birth weight! Yay! She was 6 lbs 1 oz at her appointment. She is as healthy as can be. Her umbilical cord had fallen off the night before her appointment so we were able to get that all cleaned up and she also had her second PKU test. It was hard to see her cry when they pricked her heel but she calmed down pretty quickly after the test was done. I think it was harder on her daddy to see her in pain than it was for her. Brad has informed me that he doesn't want to be there when she gets her immunizations at her two month appointment. 

I love cuddles from this sweet girl! 

I don't know why, but I think she is the cutest when she is just in her diaper. During the first few weeks we had lots of skin to skin time. That was her favorite time of the day I could always get her to go right to sleep. 

Aubrey is the best! When I am getting ready for the day while Brad is at school, I usually put her down in her crib asleep. One day I was getting ready, I could hear some coos. I went into the room to check on her and she is perfectly entertaining herself while looking around the room. It was like she knew I had to get ready to go to my class and she didn't make a fuss at all. I couldn't help but grab my camera to capture the moment. 

On a typical day when I get home from class, I feed her and spend time with her doing tummy time. It usually ends with me taking lots of pictures! She is just so cute!!



So at the beginning of the semester Brad and I were able to coordinate our schedules so that he could come home while I went to class. So Brad takes the truck to work/school in the morning and I take Aubrey in the car to campus. Brad meets us at my building and when I go in to class he takes the car home with her. When my class is over he takes Aubrey and meets me again. We do a quick switch and he stays on campus the rest of the day, while I spend the rest of the day with Aubrey at home. 
One day when I got home, I opened her car seat cover  and found her arms in this position, sound asleep! I wonder what she was dreaming of!  

Week two we also tried out Aubrey's swing that Mimi, Papa, and GG Carma bought her. She loves it until that pacifier of hers falls out! :)

Since her umbilical cord fell out that week, we were able to give her a real bath!  
 She loved her bath until she had to get out!
 But then we got her real cozy and all lotioned up! She was a happy girl and smelled so good!

Saturday Jeremy, McKensie and Quinn (my brother, sis in-law, and niece) came up to Rexburg to visit! Quinn was so cute with Aubrey and loved saying, "Baby!" And when Aubrey would fuss or cry Quinn was quick to go, "Shh, Shh, Shh!!" It was so cute! I absolutely love this picture! It is so precious! 

Later that afternoon we all drove down to Idaho Falls where Brad's Aunt Carol Ann and Family were in town after a ski trip to Grand Targhee. It was Aubrey's first real outing! We first met up at Cafe Rio to have lunch and then went across the parking lot to try out a new frozen yogurt  place. This has been a tradition of ours for the past 3 years since we have been married. We will miss it when we move! It is always such a joy to catch up with them and see how much their kiddos have grown! Thank you so much for a wonderful visit we love you!!! 

We then headed back to Rexburg. The rest of the weekend was filled with FaceTiming Mimi and Papa (Quinn is so cute talking to them on the phone), dancing to music, and watching movies on Jeremy's cool projector! I am sad I didn't get more pictures, it is a lot harder when you have a baby in your arms half of the time. But we had a wonderful visit, glad my brother and sister in-law are only 4 hours away that they can sneak up here for a weekend! We will definitely miss being so close to family when we move to California but we will cherish our visits more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment