Day 1, February 5th
Little Miss Aubrey found her thumb! This was right after she had her PKU test before we were able to head home! She had dropped down from 5 lbs 10 oz to 5 lbs even. Since she had lost so much weight we had to feed her some formula along with breast feeding until my milk fully came in.
(My dad took so many more pictures that day I just haven't got the copies from him yet!)
Day 2, February 6th
Wearing the sleeper Mimi brought for Aubrey when she came to visit while living in Bakersfield.
It was pretty baggy on her but she is so cute!
Cuddle time with Daddy!
Day 3, February 7th
Aubrey had her first doctors appointment! She looks so darling in her car seat!
She had gained 5 oz! She was pretty happy at the appointment but was cold while being on that scale!
Happy Healthy Girl after getting dressed!
After we went to the pediatrician we went back to the hospital to meet with the lactation nurse. They just wanted to follow-up with how she was latching and feeding. She did awesome!! :)
After we got home, Papa took a photo shoot of Aubrey!
Day 4, February 8th
We just relaxed at the house! My mom and I ran a few errands! Even though it was hard to leave Aubrey for an hour or so, it was so nice to get out of the house!
That night Aubrey watched her first Gonzaga Basketball game with Daddy! Too bad they lost! :(
Day 5, February 9th
Looking back to that week some of my favorite times were having skin time and cuddling with her! My parents and Brad were awesome to let me get sleep but when they woke me up I looked forward to feeding and snuggling with this cute face!
Later that day we dressed her up to take more pictures!! :)
Day 6, February 10
Monday was my first day back to classes. I figured I should try and go while my parents were still here. I think my professors thought I was crazy for already going back!
My dad was able to do a little photo shoot during the day in between my two classes.
I love that sweet smile of hers! Too bad we only catch it when she is sleeping!
Lizzy was able to come over and see sweet little miss. Lizzy was one of my Mom's first seminary students. She is now married and is living just down the street from us here in Rexburg!
This was the last night with my parents too. When I got home from my night class we got take out from my Frontier Pies and got my favorite reuben sandwich and sweet potato fries!!
That week was one of my favorites! We watched a lot of the Olympics, reminisced on stories, and spent a lot of time with my parents. My parents were lifesavers! My mom made meals, did laundry, they both took turns staying up late with her, and were just overall a huge help! It was definitely hard to say goodbye on Tuesday morning when my mom and dad had to drive back to Spokane. We won't see them until graduation weekend in April. Thank goodness for FaceTime, Aubrey will be so big by then!














So glad we could share in this memory! Counting the days til we see you in April! We love your sweet little family!
ReplyDeleteI believe when infants smile, and in their own way, give a little chuckle that the angels are amusing her. The angels are always close by with infants.
ReplyDeleteBTW, she is so darling! I can totally understand your separation anxiety! So pleased that you and Brad are having such a wonderful time with Aubrey! Aubrey is so lucky to have been born to you both!