Brad and I left August 3rd to move to Bakersfield, California. We left from Coeur d'Alene, ID and traveled 18 Long Hours!!!
It was my goal to take a picture of all the state signs when driving through. Some aren't the best but I was successful!
So a lot of our drive looked liked this! Sagebrush on the road and my feet up! Before we left Idaho my wonderful husband bought these Sanuk Flip-flops for me. They are the most comfortable flip-flops I have ever had with yoga mat soles. Perfect for California and perfect for being pregnant!
Once we reached California we saw this beautiful mountain. Mt. Shasta!! The picture doesn't do it justice but it sure was a pretty sight!
After driving about 13 hours we decided that was enough driving for the day and we stayed in Redding. It was a good relaxing evening! While sitting there watching TV we realized that this was our first hotel together! It was very fun!
After we ate at the continental breakfast, we headed south to Bakersfield! It was a beautiful drive with orchards of olives, apples, cherries, oranges, and who knows what else!
I especially loved the fields of sunflowers!
And then it happened! We made it to Bakersfield! It was very nice to get out of the car and venture around our new town! 

I am not going to lie I was very scared at first, for when we pulled into town it was a little sketchy. Barbed wire, bums, and garbage on the street, but I was soon relieved when we pulled into our wonderful part of town and our beautiful apartment complex!
Our apartment wasn't quite move in ready, so we stayed in a hotel for a few days! PCL was very helpful in making reservations for us and everything!
August 5th was Brad's first day! Doesn't he look handsome??
While he was at work I enjoyed my time at the hotel! The Marriott had the best restaurant so I ate there for basically every meal! This was our favorite tri-tip sandwich!
We were able to get into our apartment Tuesday the 6th but we weren't able to get our furniture until the next day! So we slept in our sleeping bags for the first night! I am just glad we only had to do that once because I was very uncomfortable!
The next night several of Brad's co-workers came and helped us move in our stuff! I was so happy to have my own bed again!
We really love the area where we live! We found this small lake on a walk one evening! Sorry the picture isn't the greatest!
We are very happy here and evenings are our favorite when we get to spend time together!
Brad had a long busy week of training and got all of his certifications! I was a proud wife and had to take pictures! :)
And we kind of went to celebrate! Since we are in California, it was fitting to go to California Pizza Kitchen. Neither of us had been there before so it was a fun outing!
Our waiter talked us into getting these appetizers! They were delicious!
We got the California Club pizza. It was very yummy but not what we were expecting! I had never seen toppings like this before!
On Saturday we ventured to Brad's co-workers house, south of Bakersfield about an hour, into these beautiful mountains!
We went on a fun hike and had a great evening with Rob, Whitney, their new baby Haylie, and dog Scout! Sadly I didn't get a picture of them but we had a great time!
Well now you have seen our first week of our California Adventures! We have been enjoying ourselves and have been learning a lot with this experience!
We have truly been blessed and continue to see the Lord's hand in our lives!


















No comments:
Post a Comment