After two weeks of working in Bakersfield, Brad was assigned to oversee and help with a project out at Pismo Beach. Pismo is about 2 1/2 hours away from Bakersfield, so we spend 4 days of the week out in Pismo and spend the weekends in Bakersfield. It has been really nice to get out of the heat of Bakersfield and enjoy the ocean at Pismo.
We got to Pismo Beach for the first time on August 19th. We immediately wanted to check out the beach. Sadly our first day was very foggy and overcast but we still enjoyed our time!
We were SO excited to see the ocean!
This was when I was 13 weeks. When I wear this sweatshirt now you can tell I actually have a belly! (Crazy to think I am almost 17 weeks!!)
My North Face Boy! We got a steal of a deal on that sweatshirt right before we ventured out to Pismo!
The first week at Pismo, we spent every night walking on the beach. Our favorite spot is walking on the pier and watching the surfers! It is cool because when we are on the pier we are right above them when they catch the waves!
There are always a ton of guys out there waiting for the perfect wave.
This pelican flew in right next to us. Once I got my phone out, I scared him away. But I was able to snap this photo before he took off. This pelican was like my size, I was pretty scared when it flew right over my head!
More of hanging out on the pier.
Once it gets close to sunset, we then go down on the beach and see some wildlife, mainly seals!
I loved this sand! It is so fine and soft!
Isn't this beautiful?
My favorite time of the day! Spending time with Brad!
One night the tide was pretty low so we were able to hike out to these caves! They were huge! (I would hate to get trapped under there!)
Walking on the streets of Pismo we found Brad's! We haven't tried it out yet but we need to in the next few weeks that we are out here!
Just this last week we went north a little bit, to Shell Beach. It was nice but very rocky!
It was very secluded but there was only a small beach. The sand was like gravel and easy to write in, so I decided to do a cheesy writing in the sand photo!
Right above the beach there was a nice park that was fun to walk around in. They had sight seeing stations that you could look in the telescope and see so far out!
Last Friday, after dropping Brad off at work, I went down to Pismo Beach. A lady told us that if you go early enough, you will see dolphins passing by! I got there at 6:30 am and saw some at about 7:15 am! It was so cool!! I had never seen wild dolphins like that before! Sorry I don't have a good enough camera on my phone to capture them! I need binoculars for future early morning trips!
The tide was pretty low that I scored on collecting sand dollars! Every time we went in the evening, the shells and sand dollars were pretty well picked through and broken.
I also found this Crab....
And this cool Starfish!
Other wildlife I saw were otters swimming on their backs and I saw a ton of seals! It was so fun, but not as exciting by myself! :)
I have been occupying my time at the hotel while Brad is at work. I have been crocheting this baby blanket! I just ran out of gray yarn last night so I am going to hopefully find more today! Crocheting takes so much time! To do one row it takes me about 30 mins. and I have done about 44 rows! Only like 100 more to go before its complete! I can understand why these are so expensive!
We just found out we will be going back and forth to Pismo for just a couple more weeks, and then Brad will get transferred back out to Bakersfield. We are excited to be more permanent at home instead of being in and out of hotels each week. But it has been a blast, don't get me wrong! I am proud of Brad and all the hard work he has been doing! We have been so blessed to be in this beautiful place for the past 4 weeks! Time really flies when you are busy and having fun!!
Love and Miss you all! I have a Doctors Appointment in the morning!
More posts to come!



















No comments:
Post a Comment