Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Priest Lake 2013

Summers while being in the Duffy Family have been such a blast! We have made a tradition of going to Priest Lake these past two summers!  

So this is what we do...
First we pack up all of our gear, load it into the boat and take numerous trips to the Kalispell Island where we camped for the next few days! This was our view right on the beach from where our tents were pitched! 

Carmen immediately got her camera out! This was the first day! Can't you tell we still have makeup on and our hair looks nice!  

My favorite part of the night was sitting by the fire and roasting marshmallows and starburst!   

More of sitting by the fire. Bonding and telling stories!  

The next morning we were out on the boat! Due to being pregnant I just observed and thankfully I had quite a few boat buddies! 
Brexton and Annie loved helping out with the flag! 

Lots of wakeboarding....

and EXTREME tubing! 

My favorite boat buddy of the week was Shae! We had a special bond this trip!  One of the days I was just hanging out on the beach and Shae got up on the boat to go for a ride and she turned to her mom and said, "Where's Katelyn, I need Aunt Katelyn!" 
I could never let down that sweet offer! It seemed as though she couldn't ride on the boat unless she was on my lap! We had so much fun! 

If we weren't on the boat, then we were having fun on the beach! Brad was good at squirting us all! 
And he was always in the water! 

The boys enjoyed snorkeling!  
(Nathan, Brian, and Brad)

And it wouldn't be a trip to the lake if the boys didn't play "King of the Tube!"

More time with my cuddle buddy! Love that girl!  

Shae also loves her Uncle Brad! She had so much fun driving the boat! 

But probably the most exciting day of the trip was when Annie got up on the ski skimmer!
She was so brave! 

She is such a big girl! I love watching all of the nieces and nephews grow up! Can't wait to see them interact with our kids someday! 

The whole clan! We had such a blast and time flew by so quick! I could have definitely stayed out there for a few more days!  

A big thanks to Don and Heather for organizing this whole trip! Thanks to Nicole and Carmen for capturing all of these wonderful photos! I am so grateful for the time that was spent with family before we moved to California! We all had great bonding time and grew closer as a family! 
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog! YAY! That is the CUTEST pic of annie up on the ski thing with her cute uncles cheering her on :) Hope you guys are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete