So I am still trying to catch up on our latest adventures. In May, back to back weekends we were on the road! The first weekend was May 19th (Mine and Brad's 1 year of being engaged!) and we traveled down to Logan, Utah for our cousins Tara and Michael's wedding. It was such a beautiful day and I loved going to this temple! The sealing was wonderful and it was fun to be there with all of Brad's family.
MR. And MRS. PETERSON
So Happy for these two! Excited to build memories in the future!
It was so fun being there all together and meeting more of Heather's side of the Family! We all had a great time!
Me and my sister in-law Carmen. We had so much fun together this weekend. Love you Carm!
The following weekend we traveled up to Seattle, Washington to celebrate the Life of Jane Duffy, Brad's Grandmother. She suddenly had a stroke two weeks prior and reunited with her love ones. I am saddened that I only met Grandma Duffy two times but I will cherish those memories and how she instantly accepted me into the family.
Being in Seattle that weekend, I learned so much about this wonderful lady. She was such a spiritual woman and was so loving. I learned that she has been so selfless and loved her children and grandchildren immensely. I know that one day we will reunite and that I will be able to build a great relationship with this woman. The spirit was so strong at her service. I really felt as though I could feel her presence. It was such a wonderful celebration!
Grandpa Duffy saying goodbye to his sweet wife. This was such a tender moment, He was so strong through all of these sudden events. I really admire Grandpa and love him dearly.
The GRANDSONS- minus Brian and Daniel who are serving missions
The GRANDDAUGHTERS!
I enjoyed spending time with Grandpa Duffy. He is such a wonderful man. We had a good heart to heart talk. So glad I could spend time with him and build this bond with him.
From past experiences with funerals, I have seen the unity of families that come together at these hard times. What a great reunion we had in celebrating Grandma's life but also what a great reunion we had to be together and build our relationships with one another.
This is the Duffy Children with their Father. How awesome it is that we could all be together during a time when we all needed it the most! Such sweet faces who could all share something in common, Love and FAMILY!
How blessed I am to be part of this gospel. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I am so grateful for temples and the joys that they have brought into my life, along with this wonderful family that I have been sealed into. I am grateful that families can be together forever and that we will one day reunite with loved ones who have passed before us. I know that everything in life happens according to God's plan and that if we can work through the trials he has given us, blessings will be right around the corner. I am also grateful for my own family and for my husband.
What I have realized is that everything in this world becomes so much easier when you are surrounded by those who love you. Thank you to everybody who has supported our family! Love you all!







No comments:
Post a Comment