Sunday, June 17, 2012

Because I Knew You!!

Today has been a great day for me to reminisce on the men in my life who have changed my life for the better. Today is the 3rd year anniversary of my older brother passing away and of course it is Father's Day!

I think of Jon today and remember what joy and memories he brought to my life. I was in the craft store yesterday and saw an awesome quote. It read, "I always had a friend, because you were my brother!" I really enjoyed that and it really made me think of Jon. He was always there for me in hard times and in joyous times. I still feel his sweet spirit around me often and know that I will always have him as a friend in my heart. I love you Broski!

Today I made a phone call to my dad. We don't talk on the phone too often, but when I do I always feel better. My Dad is probably the coolest man that I know. I miss him dearly. He has always been a role model to me and I will always be his prissy girl! My Dad and I have always shared a special bond and will for forever! I love you Dad! Thank you for all you have done for me! 

Don Duffy, my Father in-law is also a man I honor today. I couldn't have asked for a better Father in-law. He had welcomed me into the family from the first day that I have met him. He is such a spiritual and inspirational man. I am grateful for all of his teachings to his children and raising my husband. I see so many traits in my husband that are inherited from this man and am so blessed for them.  

And I can't forget my husband on this day. Even though he is not a father yet, I can already see how he will treat our children. I watch him care for his nieces and nephew and know that he will be an awesome Father. I am grateful for him being a worthy priesthood holder and bringing a wonderful spirit into our Home! I love you Hunny!

Because I knew you... I have been changed for good!
-Wicked



1 comment: