Friday, August 14, 2015

December 2014

December is a wonderful month of family, friends, traditions, and celebrating the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. 

 We started the month by decorating the Christmas Tree! I love my tree so much because it every ornament is handmade! I have so many memories with each one and they remind me of very special friends in Spokane. I am excited this year to start the tradition of an ornament exchange with my friends here in Bakersfield! 
                                     
Aubrey loved helping decorate too! We sat her in her bumbo and these lights entertained her for hours! 
                                          
                                    
Aubrey turned 10 months old on December 4! She learned how to stand on her own for a few seconds, she loves to clap her hands, wave hi, and got her 3rd top tooth in. 
                                    
                                    
I love this cheesy smile of hers! 
                     

In December we went to the Meadows Ward breakfast and Aubrey got to meet Santa for the first time. 
Waiting in line with Daddy. 
                                   
Aubrey waving with Santa!
                                  
She was really checking him out! I am interested to see what she thinks in years to come! 
                                   

In December one of my dear friends from BYU-Idaho came and visited when passing through town. April was a co-worker of mine at the Student Health Center. It was so great to catch up with her and for her to meet Aubrey! 

We decided to open our presents to each other early since we were going to be traveling to Spokane for Christmas. We didn't want to bring all of our gifts to each other up there and then have to bring them home too. Aubrey enjoyed the wrapping paper more than the toys!
                                  

Before we headed to Spokane we went to one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants, Que Pasa. Aubrey was being so cute at the Big Table! 
                                  
                                   

Aubrey and her bath time! 
                                   
                              
                                   
Her facial expressions kill me! 
                                   
                                   

I made these root beer gifts for our closest friends and neighbors here in Bakersfield. It was always a tradition in my family to deliver treats of some sort to our friends and neighbors. Thank you Pinterest for the idea!
                                   
Aubrey always gets a little nervous when the suitcases get pulled out. She always wants to take everything out of them and to sit in them! 
                                   
She is ready for a vacation! 
                                   

We started our journey home by driving up to San Jose. Brad's cousins were so nice to let us stay at their place before we flew out of the Oakland Airport. We went to "The Counter" and ate a delicious hamburgers for dinner. 
                                   
The next morning was Sunday, so before we headed out of the Oakland Airport, we decided to drive up to the Oakland Temple. 
                                   
The view up there was spectacular! 
                                   

                                   
                                   
Families are Forever! 
                                   

Aubrey and Daddy playing in the fountain!
                                   

We spent a couple of hours there and went into the visitors center! We had a great time! 
When we got to the airport, Aubrey was asleep. We decided to just hang out in the car until she woke up! 
                                        
We had a great flight and got in late just in time for bed.

The next morning Brad and I rented a car and headed up to Schweitzer Mountain to see our Duffy family at their Cabin. Aunt Carmen was loving having Aubrey and Grant together! 
                                   

While everyone was on the slopes, we read books, watched movies and ate a bunch of goodies! 
                                    

That evening, we opened presents together! The cousins exchanged gifts! 

Aubrey got this awesome Seahawks Book from Aunt Nicole and Uncle Nathan. 
                                  

Grandma and Grandpa loved their new pictures! 
                                  

Cuddles with Uncle Shaun!
                                    

These two are already partners in crime! They are only a month a part! I love them both so much!
                                    

I love that squishy face of hers! 
                                    

Annie and I had fun taking selfies before it was time for bed! 
                                    

The next morning Aubrey got lots of cuddles with Aunt Nicole! I think Grant may have been a little jealous...
                                   

We decorated a gingerbread house! (Many of the next photos are taken by Nicole. Thanks for sending all of these to me!)

And played in the snow!


                               

I love this picture so much! Snowflakes falling on their heads! 

These girls love their cousin Aubrey! 
   

I love these nieces of mine! 
                              

Nicole took some awesome pictures of us! I love the view in the background! 

Later that evening we headed to my parents house where my Brother Kenny and Jerah and their two kids were waiting for us! 
Aubrey and Zoey had fun in the bath!
                                    

On Christmas Eve, we had Tamales, a big thanks to the Roberts family! 
                                       

More traditions were continued with opening pajamas and our own copy of the Polar Express Book! 
                                   

                                   

Nothing cuter than cousins in matching pajamas! 
                                  

We always read the story the Polar Express on Christmas Eve growing up. 
Aubrey seemed to enjoy it too!
                                     
Aubrey loved crawling into boxes! 
                                 
Christmas morning pictures! 
                                 
We didn't take many pictures opening presents... The favorite gifts were Gonzaga gear, new luggage, and a toy walker for Aubrey. 

Great Grandma Carma and Aubrey on Christmas morning!  
                                     

Brad and his new North Face Duffle. 
                                          

Aubrey playing with her new bath toys. 
                                              

This puzzle was one we got when I was in High School when we had our German Exchange Student. We had a lot of snow days that year and this is what kept us occupied during the break. Brad and I decided to bust it out and had a few late nights putting it all together! 
 
My Dad helped us finish it on our last day. It was also my Dad's Birthday! 

My mom, Aubrey and I had a girls day to get our nails done! 
 

We went to visit my brother at the cemetery. 
 

And then we went to Cabela's to spend some gift cards and to look at the fish/animals.

We finished our fun week in Spokane with going out to Red Robin before heading out of the airport! We love you Mimi and Papa! 

The rest of our December was spent relaxing and recovering from a busy Holiday. Thank you to everyone who made our Holiday season so special!


No comments:

Post a Comment