Wednesday, July 8, 2015

November 2014

November was a busy and exciting month for us all! Here are the highlights! 

Lunch Dates at Panera Bread

Aubrey in her Sunday Best! This was my dress that my mom made 24 years ago! 


On November 4th Aubrey turned 9 months old! 
                                        

She was really on the go this month with crawling and she got her 2 top teeth! She really learned how to crawl when playing with Jake and Kali's cat. She said her first word "Kitty" while chasing TL.  Aubrey loves bath time, music, giggling, and playing at the park!
                                        

The second weekend in November Aubrey and I went over to meet Brad in Pismo and stayed at the Coleck's house. We decided to stay over the weekend and watch Kali Barrel Race with her horse Clarence. 

Aubrey loved cuddling with Kali before she had to race. 

Go Kali Go! 
After Kali had raced! Jake went to Congratulate her! At this point in the competition she had gained the lead and got 2nd place overall!!


Aubrey made herself comfortable and slept after all the excitement...
and missed out on feeding Clarence treats for running such a good race!! 
We had a blast cheering on Kali! It was so fun to be out there and learning more about barrel racing! 

On Veterans Day, Aubrey and I went to the parade here in Bakersfield with Dot Heiner and her kiddos. 
Emery, Dot, Tavian, Joben, Me and Aubrey. 
It was a cute parade with Local High Schools, church groups, and community vendors. 

There were so many local veterans that we honored in the parade! I got super emotional when this float went by. Makes me think of my Grandpas and all of their service. 

Aubrey's favorite was the pretty ladies and cowboys on the horses! I think she remembered what horses were from spending the weekend with Kali's horse. 

Not pictured, but my favorite part of the parade was this group of Mom's that had picket signs that had pictures of their children (soldiers) currently serving over seas. It was wonderful to see their courage and you could see how proud they were to have their children to be honored that day too! 

With Aubrey teething in the month of November, it made for lots of cuddles! We were reading books one night and she had fallen asleep in my arms. 
Look at those chubby cheeks! 
Aubrey got her first real boo boo... She crawled off the bed.... Yes I know she shouldn't have been up there, so it was definitely a lesson learned for Mommy. :(

Remember my Cute Brother Jeremy's family? Their sweet baby Layton progressed so well in the NICU after some complications, and was able to come home shortly after her due date.   

Yay Layton! She was able to come home tube free! (no feeding tubes or oxygen)
Isn't she the sweetest little thing you have ever seen?

Big Sister Quinn was so excited to have her baby sister home! Look at her reaction!!

On November 20th was my 24th Birthday! I had a fun lunch with all of my church friends at my favorite restaurant BJ's! 
Kathy, Kristine, Tina and her twins, Whitney and her girls, Janessa, Jeanette, Stacie and Becky
I loved my Birthday Pizookie!! 

Brad came home and surprised me with Flowers and new tennis shoes! I loved them! 

Brad and I then dropped off Aubrey at the Alibrando's house and went out to dinner and dancing at Buck Owen's Crystal Palace.
We had a great time and had great food!! 

More Birthday Dessert!! 
The Crystal Palace is a fun place! They even have Elvis' old are displayed in there! 

I had a wonderful birthday celebrating with friends and family! Thank you for all making it so special for me!! 

Aubrey LOVES Bath time!! And I love all of her expressions! 




In November we had the best weather ever! It is so perfect out that Brad and I could be in a t-shirt or light jacket all month!! We took advantage of the great weather by going to the park that is right across the street from our apartment! 
Our Happy Girl!!

Aubrey also learned how to stand up against furniture in November. We had to lower her crib that month! 

Haha!!! I love this picture! As we were preparing to go to Utah for Thanksgiving, I had to make sure this winter suit fit Aubrey. She was not happy that she had to have it put on her and wasn't happy that I was taking a picture of her reaction! lol

Off to Utah we Go! Aubrey did so well on the car ride over. It was about a 13 hour drive! Luckily she slept most of the time! But having Baby Einstein playing on Brad's work iPad made it even easier!
Brad and I stayed at my Brother Jeremy's house! I was so excited to see Quinn and to of course meet baby Layton! McKensie did a great job on all of the Thanksgiving Dinner fixings! It was her first time making a turkey and it was awesome!! We used our big electric roaster. I am excited to try it out for myself this next Thanksgiving. 
Thanksgiving dinner was so yummy that we didn't even take a picture! All of the kids were taking a nap when we ate so it was so nice to just sit and visit! 
Aubrey loved this bouncer that McKensie and Jeremy set up! 
The rest of the day was super relaxing.... The girls on their laptops! 
I got my baby fix with feeding and cuddling with sweet Layton! 

 Oh I just LOVE her!! 


While we were in Utah we were able to get a photo shoot in with all of the Assmus Cousins. 
I love this individual picture of her! 
This is the only group one where Aubrey is smiling... 
These kiddos are so funny! So fun to have all 5 of them together! 

After the photo session the kids went down for naps. After Aubrey's, she really wanted Quinn to wake up! It was so fun to see these two become buds during the week! 

Aubrey learned how to help feed a baby! She will be such a good big sister someday! 

The next day we went to one of our favorite places in Utah.... Scheels!! 
Aubrey loved the fishies! 

We then went over to Kenny and Jerah's house to play with Nolan and Zoey! 
Brad and I really soaked in all of the sweet cuddles from this handsome boy!! 

Aunt Katelyn had the magic touch and got baby Nolan to fall asleep! 
Father and Son! 
Aubrey loved this chair...
and loved checking out her cousin on the baby swing! 

Zoey was so sweet to Aubrey! She was letting her play with her toy phone and giving her hugs and kisses! 


Sunday we were supposed to be heading out of town, but I got some kind of 24 hour stomach bug. Luckily I was the only one who got it and Brad's boss was understanding enough to let him take Monday to travel. That drive would not have been fun! 
While I was in the other room recovering, Brad had fun bonding with Quinn! They were watching Tarzan on the phone! Quinn warmed up to us pretty quick and would do her special "hands" handshake like Tarzan and his gorilla mom does on the movie! 

Aubrey again did well on the way home! We were happy to get to warmer weather in the Vegas area that we could get out of the car without a coat!! 

We had a wonderful November as you can tell, minus my little stomach bug! Thanks to everyone who made it so special!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment