Sunday, October 19, 2014

Kern County Fair

On September 19th, We went to the Kern County Fair!
Right when we got there Aubrey fell asleep for about the first hour! We felt like we couldn't do anything exciting without her! 

Soon she was awake and we were off to see the animals! 
Aubrey watches the Farm themed Baby Einstein quite often and I think she recognized some of the animal noises! It was so fun to watch her reactions!  
I love this face!! 
And this one too! 

Aubrey thought this turkey was pretty cool! 


Aubrey and Brad with the cows! 

I think Aubrey's favorite animals were the bunnies! 

Especially after she got to hold this one by it's ears! 

After the animal barns, we were off to the butterfly house! It was so fun! Thousands of monarch butterflies were in there! We fed them nectar and had fun with them landing on us! 




They were  so beautiful! 

Aubrey wasn't sure of what to think of this butterfly on her headband! 
Haha this FACE! 
"No big deal guys, I just have a butterfly on my head!"

Next it was Dinner Time! 
Brad had a turkey leg....
He looked like a barbarian eating it!
And I had this giant pulled pork sandwich! 

Then one of the Greatest things happened! For a long time one of my bucket list items has been to ride an elephant! They have been my favorite animal since elementary school! When we saw they were doing Elephant Rides, Brad was first to hand me over some cash to ride it! It was totally worth the full $8.00!

Meet Kitty!! She is 47 years old and was so friendly! I had a BLAST!! 

We had such a fun time at the fair and probably spent a little too much money, but hey it was worth it! I can't wait to go year after year and see Aubrey enjoy it a little bit more each time! I love that we can do all of these fun "kid" things and make memories like our parents did with us when we were young! Life is good! See ya next year Fair! 



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a blast!! Love the butterfly on Aubrey's headband. Made me laugh. And grabbing the bunny's ear... she's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete