Thursday, December 12, 2013

Weekend Visitors and 1 week left!

 This last weekend we had visitors!!! A roommate from my first semester at BYU-Idaho and her husband came to Bakersfield. Marquee and Brett came down from Chico, CA (where Brett is doing an internship) to tour the church farms here in Bakersfield. 
After their tour on Friday we were able to meet up and go to our favorite restaurant BJ's! Their food is so good and we had such a great time visiting and catching up! 

Saturday afternoon we got together again and they stayed the night with us! Saturday night some ladies in my ward got together and the girls went out for a girls night. We went to dinner at Chuy's and then to the Bakersfield Master Chorale. Kathy and Sam Bulkeley from my ward performed and it really got us into the Christmas Season. 

Before the Concert

The church that they performed at was decorated beautifully! 

The performers

We had a wonderful time! While we were out the Boys went to Thor! They also had a great time! 

It was so great having Marquee and Brett stay with us! They are friends that even though we don't see each other very often, we are able to pick up our relationship right where it left off. We are both excited to get back to Rexburg this Winter!

Speaking of going back to Rexburg, Brad and I only have one week left here in Bakersfield. Next Thursday I take off on a plane to fly home for the Holidays and Don, my father in-law, is going to be flying down here to drive back with Brad. My in-laws were so kind to buy me a flight home since I being 30 weeks pregnant probably would handle the 21 hour drive very well! They will have a few stops on the way to see family and to pick up Brian at school in Rexburg. 

So when I moved here to Bakersfield I was asked to put up pictures of what our apartment looked like. I never took the time to take the pictures and to post them on my blog. So before we started packing I thought I should do so! So here they are!!

Right inside our front door!

Family Room

Other wall of the Family Room

Our view to outside. We have a small porch and the doors to the left has our washer and dryer in it. It was hard to get used to going outside to do laundry but I loved it being out there. Very quiet and didn't heat up our apartment in the summer! 

Kitchen


Our eating area

Master Bedroom. We left our bed frame and other bedroom furniture in storage in Rexburg. That door is our walk in closet! It is huge but too messy for a picture! 


Master Bathroom


Guest Bath (it is bigger than our master bath)


We also have a guest bedroom but nothing but storage is in there. When we had visitors they stayed there but other than that it was empty the whole time we lived here. 

We have loved this apartment! It is twice the square footage as our apartment in Rexburg and it has 9 foot ceilings. I have a feeling we are going to feel very crammed when we move back to Rexburg, especially with all of the baby stuff adding up! Thats ok though we will only be there for one more semester! 

So Brad is winding down with work. He only has 3 days left! He has loved his internship with PCL. We hope a future job is in store with them but we are just grateful for the experience we have had. I honestly can't believe how quickly these last 5 months has gone! We have truly been blessed with everything and are really going to be sad to leave! 

Now we just need the motivation to start packing and cleaning! Wish us luck! 

Love,

The Duffy's

1 comment:

  1. your guest room was cozy! Even if I had to bring my own blow up mattress ;) Love you guys! Loved your apartment!

    ReplyDelete