It is already December and there is so much that I haven't blogged about that we did in November so here it is!
On November 9th we went to the CALM Zoo here in Bakersfield. It is a Zoo that has all the animals that one would see in the wild in California!
On November 9th we went to the CALM Zoo here in Bakersfield. It is a Zoo that has all the animals that one would see in the wild in California!
We saw a Black Bears!

A Red Fox
Bobcats
Mountain Lions
Mule deers
Beavers
And so many other animals... raccoons, owls, eagles, coyotes, all sorts of snakes and lizards, badgers, possums, and a porcupine to name a few more!
We had such a fun time being out and about and enjoying some fun animals! We can't wait to enjoy things like this with our future kids!
On November 14th some ladies in my ward here threw me a baby shower! When Brad dropped me off we were able to get a picture together with the adorable owl decorations!
Shortly after Brad left the Ladies Arrived!
(L to R Back Row: Alexis Swanson, Alesia Lawson, Jeanette McArthur, Sharon Scott, Tina Portwood, Jennifer Weight, Adrienne Weighall, Me, Michelle Sneath, Stacie Dartnell. Front Row: Jessie Larsen, Becky Foulk, and Oliva Weighall.) Not Pictured Kathy Bulkeley. Also who brought gifts were Linda Greer and Teri and Jackie Andersen!
We had so much fun playing games and the ladies made the gifts for Aubrey so personal! With homemade dolls, headbands, diaper clutch, crocheted hats and booties, and darling clothes and books! I loved them all! They have all been so welcoming since we have moved down here and have been so supportive of Brad and I.
This is Becky the host of the shower! We have become great friends in the last few months that we have lived here in Bakersfield.
Becky is a single mom and has two adorable kids! She is an amazing woman who has had us over for Sunday dinner every week, for several Family Home Evenings, and we have been out on several afternoon outings. I have been blessed to have such a great friend as her!
Alesia was also a huge help with the shower. She was in charge of all of the creative games! Alesia is such a wonderful woman! I have loved getting to know her and have built a great friendship with her as well! She is a recent convert to the LDS church and is just so awesome!
I am really going to miss all of these wonderful ladies when we move! Thank goodness for Facebook and technology so we can keep in touch!
On November 16th Brad and I were able to witness the Baptism of Sandra Dotson. Sandra is in her 60's and we have had the great opportunity of helping her to learn about the gospel with being ward missionaries. She has come to know our Savior, Jesus Christ, and has made drastic changes in her life in order to be Baptized. We were so excited for her. It was such a busy day for her that we didn't have time to take a picture but she was the happiest I had ever seen her that day!
On November 20th was my 23rd Birthday!
It started out with me going to the doctors office to do my 2 hour glucose test! It wasn't the worst but wasn't my favorite either! I had to get my blood drawn 3 times within the 2 hours. (which ended up getting poked 5 times because they missed twice..)
But after the 2 hour waiting period I had a lot of fun!
I met up with several ladies from church and we enjoyed the beautiful 70 degree weather at Camille's Sidewalk Cafe! Never in my life could I say I sat in the sun for my birthday Lunch! California does have beautiful Fall weather! 

We all had fabulous food! I enjoyed a Chicken sandwich with some tomato basil soup! It was delicious!
We had a blast just visiting and enjoying the weather!
During the day I got wonderful phone calls from my nieces, text messages from friends and family and a bunch of Facebook birthday wishes through out the day! I felt so loved!
Later that night Brad and I went to our Favorite Restaurant BJ's. (Thank you mom for the Gift Card!!)
These are our favorite! Avocado Egg rolls! They are SO delicious!!
For dinner I had a deep dish personal pizza and Brad had shrimp tacos.
And you can't forget the birthday pizookie! :)
Brad also got me these beautiful roses, made me my favorite fun fetti birthday cake, and bought me my favorite Moose Track Ice Cream!!
I think I can say I was definitely SPOILED!!! Thank you everyone for making my day so special!!
A few days ago RandiSue Luchau, a lady from church brought over all of these adorable baby clothes for Aubrey! It was so sweet of her to bring them over! She has 4 girls of her own so she definitely has the collection. We have been so blessed to receive all of these! Thank you RandiSue!
Baby Aubrey at 26.5 Weeks! She is a growing girl!!
Brad and I have tried some new places this month! We went to Dewar's which is like a ice cream parlor and candy store. We shared a delicious Milk Shake and tried some old fashioned Taffies. It has been around Bakersfield since 1909 and is very yummy!
They had this solid Chocolate Santa for $250.00!!
Another place we tried out this month was Moo Creamery! We had delicious burgers, sweet potato fries, and ice cream sundaes. Brad said it was our pre-Thanksgiving appetizer. It definitely stretched our stomachs out! lol
We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving. On the Sunday before we went and had a thanksgiving spread at Becky's house! It was delicious! We also played fun games after dinner! We were laughing so hard I even had to run to use the restroom. My pregnant belly couldn't handle it any longer lol!
Thursday we spent the afternoon at Stacie Dartnell's home. They served tri-tip! It was a Thanksgiving first but also so delicious! It was so kind of the Dartnell's to have us over! We enjoyed the evening with calling our families and relaxing.
On Black Friday Brad and I went and saw Frozen with movie tickets I got from my in-laws for my Birthday! It was super cute! We had to wait in line for like 45 minutes though to get good seats for the show. Brad was thrilled... not!
As you can see we had a wonderful month of November. During this month we have also gave our 30 day notice to move out! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! Christmas is just right around the corner! I can't believe it!
In the last blog post I have posted what I was thankful for. Brad and I have so much to be thankful for and we know it is all made possible through our Heavenly Father for living righteously. We show our gratitude enough! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are prepping for the greatest time of the year! We love you all!
Love,
The Duffy's
P.S. A shout out to Jeremy and McKensie Assmus for reaching their 6 year Anniversary on December 1st!
Siblings- At the Reception
And their Cute Family Photo! Quinn is so blessed to have such great parents! Love you guys! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!





























No comments:
Post a Comment