Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Very Special Day!!

Today has been such a special day! Brad and I have had the opportunity over the last few months to help teach Keys and Brandy about the gospel of Jesus Christ with the Missionaries. 
Today December 14, 2013 they got Married and Baptized! 

 Before the Wedding the family members were taking pictures outside. I was late in going out there but I got this sweet one of Brandy and her daughter Alyssa. All together Brandy and Keys have 6 children. 5 Boys and 1 sweet little girl!

So first off the Relief Society Room where they got married was decorated beautifully! 

And the ceremony began. Bishop McArthur performed the wedding and did a wonderful job. He quoted several things from The Family: A Proclamation to the World. For those who haven't read it, it is a proclamation that was written by the first presidency of the church. It can be found here

Mr. and Mrs. Mays!!!

Brandy was showing off her beautiful ring! She is so funny! 

They are made for each other!

Brandy and Keys had so many family members and friends to celebrate their special day! Here is a picture with the Best Man and the Maid of Honor. 

After the wedding, Brandy and Keys got dressed in their baptismal clothes to be baptized. They have been waiting for this day for a long time! 

The baptism was great and such a sweet spirit was felt. It left me in tears because I was just so excited and happy for them! I am so excited that they can enjoy the happiness that they have been looking for and they have followed our Heavenly Father's plan and was baptized just as Christ was. 


Brandy and Keys, we are so excited for you and know that your Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ are so proud of you and are excited about the covenants you have made with them today. We love you and are so glad we have been able to meet you and teach you in the short time that we have lived here in Bakersfield!


We had to get a picture with these two guys! Elder Garcia and Elder Wells! We had been called as Ward Missionaries while we have been living here in Bakersfield. We have been so blessed to help teach with these missionaries. They will forever be in our hearts! 
(Ok that ^ picture makes me look huge!) 

Here is a better one of me! 

I will be 30 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe it!! Baby Aubrey is such an active little girl! I can't wait to meet her! 

Just a few more days here in Bakersfield! Tonight we have a ward Christmas Party and then we have lots of packing to do and we are off to travel home on December 19th! Time is ticking away! We are so excited for Christmas and looking forward to spending time with Family! 

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Katelyn! :D You look great, can't believe you are going to be a mommy SOON! Hope we can see you during the holidays... I have that gift for you for guessing Mexico for Derek's mission. He head to Tijuana on Monday, time really flies by! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete