The morning after graduation, Brad and I got into the car at 4:00 am and drove down to Utah to attend the sealing of Brad's brother Brian and his sweet bride Tess. We ended up having Aubrey stay in Rexburg with my family for the day, one of the hardest decisions I have had to make. It was very difficult to be away from her but it would have been a very long day for a 2 month old who was still had a low grade fever from her shots, and we wanted to have a happy baby for her baby blessing the next morning (stay tuned for the next post).
The weather was perfect and we arrived in to American Fork at about 8 am. When we pulled into town we stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and get a snack. We ran into Brian, the groom, filling his vehicle up with gas. It was so fun to see him and wish him luck for his big day!
We changed our clothes and arrived early to the Mount Timpanogos temple. I had never seen this temple up close so I was so excited to attend and go inside. The temple was beautiful with awesome stained glass and the grounds were starting to bloom with tulips! It couldn't have been more perfect!
The sealing/wedding for Brian and Tess was so wonderful. The spirit was so strong and it was so great to be there and support them.
When we walked down to the waiting room where all of the nieces, nephews, and young cousins were at, Brad and I were so excited to see them. We hadn't seen our nieces and nephews since July/September. We walked in the room and little Shae ran up to me with her arms wide open yelling, "Katelyn" I just began to cry as I picked her up to hug her. We love this sweet girl!!
Annie was very excited to see us too and was sure to inform us that she was going to be 5 years old in FIVE days!! She is so cute!!
It was so great to catch up and see Brad's sisters, Megan, Nicole and Carmen. We are so excited to have Tess join us in the family!!
And then it was time for Brian and Tess to make their grand entrance as Husband and Wife!
Mr. and Mrs. Duffy, Est. April 12, 2014
They are so cute together and so in Love!
Tess's dress was so gorgeous!! It was once her grandmother's, then her mom wore it, and now it was her turn! A few pictures were taken at the temple grounds and then we headed to the luncheon!
The Duffy's had organized the luncheon at a beautiful Art Center in Alpine, Utah.
We were able to sit by Grandpa Duffy and Nicole's sweet family!
Shae was so darling and picked up the fork at the table setting and started brushing her hair. I turned and asked her what she was doing and she responded with no hesitation, "I'm Ariel." She definitely has the red hair to be Ariel!!
Brad and I were able to meet our new nephew Grant! He was born on January 4th making him and Aubrey exactly one month a part!
After we ate a delicious cordon bleu meal and ice cream sundae dessert, we were able to snag Tess and get a picture with all the sisters!!
Everything was perfect for this lovely spring wedding, just look at the beautiful trees in bloom!!
We have loved to getting to know Tess this last semester and see their relationship "bloom" as well. We are very sad we are leaving Rexburg and will be far from them! We love you guys so much!
A few hours after the luncheon we went to the reception location, Wadley Farms, to take family pictures! (My brother and sister in-law, Jeremy and McKensie had their wedding reception there!) We got to visit more with family and take a few more pictures before Brad and I headed back home to Rexburg.
I was able to have some Grant time!!
Carmen and I had to get a selfie together! It is now a tradition to do so at weddings. We started this a couple years ago at their cousin Tara's wedding.
We also got a picture with our sweet niece and nephew, Maci and Brexton. I couldn't believe how much they have grown since we saw them at Disneyland this last fall! They are going to have a new brother or sister join them in September! We are so excited for them!!
Brad and I soon left after getting some treats at the reception. We were so excited to come home to our happy baby girl! My sister in-law Mckensie captured this picture while we were gone! Aubrey was in a swimsuit that Mimi and Papa had bought her. She got to watch her other two cousins, Quinn and Zoey, have fun in the pool at the hotel they were all staying at.
Overall it was such a great day! So glad my parents could watch Aubrey so we could attend the wedding. We are so excited for Tess and Brian to start this new chapter in their lives. We can't wait to build new memories with the both of them!

















No comments:
Post a Comment