On Monday April 14, Brad, Aubrey and I got in the car and followed my parents back to Spokane! It was Aubrey's first long car ride and she did awesome! It helped that I could jump in the back when needed! We stayed the night in Spokane and enjoyed a dinner at Red Robin, one of our favorites!
Tuesday morning we got up and went to Grandma Carma's House! She loved little Aubrey! We had so much fun telling stories and visiting the whole day! We went out to lunch together too! We love you Grandma!
Tuesday evening we headed over to the Duffy's for a couple of days!
Aubrey did tummy time with Grandma and Aunt Carmen!
Grandpa also had lots of cuddle time with Aubrey!
Thursday evening we headed back to my parents house to spend the weekend with them. My parents and Grandma Carma surprised Brad with a Birthday Celebration!
They were so sneaky and bought him this awesome back pack that we can take Aubrey in it on hikes when she gets a little bit bigger! We are going to love having this in Bakersfield!!
Momma and Aubrey hanging out on the couch!
Then it was cake time! (Funny story: My mom had made this cake earlier and my dad didn't know the occasion of why she made a cake, so he decided to take a piece for himself. When my mom came home from work she was so upset that he had taken a piece of cake! So my dad improvised with some toys he had in the basement. It worked out perfectly with the construction management major that Brad is!)
| Brad's favorite! Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! |
Oh how I love this boy!!
We had a great visit at my parents house! All of sudden I would come down the stairs and Aubrey was no where to be found. I soon figured out that Papa would sneak off with her into his office and play the "Happy" song on youtube. I can't count how many times Aubrey heard that song that weekend!
Friday afternoon I took Aubrey and went with my mom to meet up with Sherry, a good friend of ours, for lunch! But before we headed out the door Papa had to do a photo shoot!
This is one of my favorite outfits, given to us by our dear friends Jacob and Maddy, and sadly I just put it on her the other day and it is too small! She sure looked cute in it though!
Later that night Sara, Shane, and their sweet daughter Eva came over to visit! Shane and Jon (my brother who passed away) were best buds! Whenever they are in town they take the time to visit! Luckily we were in town at the same time they were so we all got to enjoy their company!
Sara is expecting baby #2 here in just a few weeks! So excited for her!
Eva was so cute! She took all of the toys out of this basket and then decided to sit in it! She is so funny!
Eva and Shane got practice at holding a small baby again! Eva is going to be such a great sister!
Aubrey was so alert when Shane was holding her! It was so precious to watch!
Saturday I got the chance to sleep in and Brad and Aubrey had a fun smiley morning!
I love that smile!
We soon got ready and headed out to Cheney to go to Carmen's Track meet! She did so well! Carmen took 2nd int the 100 meters with her best time of 13.03!! She only lost by one 100th of a second! She also ran the 4x400 and the 4x200! Her team got 2nd place in both of those races as well!
Aubrey was sleeping during most of it, which meant we really got to pay attention and cheer Carmen on!
Later that night we got the Easter Eggs out and dyed them! You can't tell by the picture but the egg says Aubrey's 1st Easter!
During this trip I was able to go through a lot of things that I had still left at my parents house! We found this teddybear that my brothers gave to me when I was in the hospital. It was the first pink thing I ever owned since the doctors had told my parents that I was going to baby BOY #4 of the Assmus Family!
We had got this bear out and it was pretty filthy from my childhood so we threw it in the washing machine and it was good as new!
Sunday Morning the Easter Bunny came to the Assmus home and left us some goodies!
Brad was so excited to get this Seahawks Champion Shirt!!
Aubrey enjoyed what the Easter Bunny brought her too!
Fun sunglasses to get ready for California's Sun!
She also got a Bumbo Chair! We have been using this a lot to teach her how to sit up!
So much fun with her cute Easter basket!
Later that afternoon we got Aubrey dressed in her Easter Dress. My mom had made it for me when I was a baby! It fit perfectly on little miss Aubrey!
| She didn't know what to think of this bonnet! |
Four Generations! We have Five Generations but Great Great Grandma Mayer lives in Ogden, Utah in a nursing home! Hope to someday get a picture with her as well but living far away makes it hard!
Grandma Carma has a very special place in our hearts! We love you so much!!
Then we were off to church! We had a wonderful Easter program and I saw so many old friends that it was great to catch up and introduce them to Aubrey too!
After Church we got a few more photo's so my Dad could be in a couple!
I love my sweet family of 3!!
My dad is one Proud Papa!
Later that evening we had a delicious ham dinner! It was so nice to have awesome home cooked meals!
We later changed our clothes and headed up to the cemetery to visit Uncle Jon. We wished him a Happy Easter and a Happy Birthday since his birthday was the next day on April 21! He would be 26 years old!
Jon is someone we talk about in our home quite often! I can't wait to continue to share memories with Aubrey about her Uncle Jon! We feel his spirit often and know that he is watching over us all!
Sweet kisses!
I am so grateful that we were able to make a trip home before we moved to California! I am also so grateful that we were able to reflect on our Savior, Jesus Christ during this Easter Season. I am so blessed to have everything that I do and I know that it is through Him that all of this is made possible. I am so grateful that He lives and that we are able to turn to him when we need the strength to move forward. And I am also thankful for the knowledge that someday we can all be resurrected like Him, and live with our loved ones for eternity! I hope you all enjoyed your spring breaks and Easter Sunday like we did! We love you all!!!
Love,
The Duffy's















I love the cake with a missing piece! Hahaha! Perfect way to fix it! Also, love that family picture of you guys by Jon's grave. I need to know where you got that skirt!
ReplyDelete