This last Saturday was the busiest Saturday I have had down here in Bakersfield! It was very eventful and I loved every minute of it!
On Saturday I went to our ward's Super Saturday. It is a craft day for the ladies at church and we sign up and pay in advance to make certain crafts! Because I love crafts I basically signed up for all of them! I made a thankful sign, wood pumpkins, and I signed up for this ABC gospel children's book but I didn't have enough time to make it so I brought the kit home! (That will be my project these next couple of weeks!)
Once I got home, Brad had surprised me with these beautiful Lilies. Every 19th of the month Brad surprises me with Flowers! On the 19th of November, 2010 we went on our first date so he keeps the tradition alive by getting me flowers once a month! I love it! And these smell so delicious!
Later that afternoon he surprised me also with going to Murray Family Farms. It is a huge farm about 25 minutes away. They have so much to do and it reminded me of home when I used to go to the Harvest House on Greenbluff on a crisp fall afternoon. But here, the farm was a little different!
First of all it was in the high 80's and second there were PALM TREES!
There was so much to do!
We went to the through the Corn Maze!
They had little cheats along the way so you wouldn't be in there for too long! I say it still took us 30 minutes or so to complete it! The maze was themed with spider, bat, and dinosaur facts!
In the middle of the Maze was this huge dinosaur print and painting of a T-Rex! (Our Nephew Brexton would have been in heaven!)
Once we completed the maze we went to the Butterfly House! It was pretty fun seeing the butterflies fly all around us!
Next stop was the hay ride! It took us around the farm to see the fruit orchards and then stopped at the Pumpkin Patch.
(can you tell we were a little warm?)
With our admission we were able to pick out a pumpkin for each person! They were all pretty small so we had to find the perfect one!
One thing I had never seen before was a Grapefruit tree! They obviously weren't ripe yet but it was a new experience!
After the hay ride we killed some time before the Pig Races. They had this huge jumping pillow! I had to get on to give it a try! I can still be a kid right!?
Farmer Katelyn!!
Then it was the moment we had been waiting for! The Dog and Hog Races!
Before the races begin you get to stop at the booth and do "free" betting! I predicted that the Red Dog or Hog would win and Brad predicted the Green Dog or Hog to win! We got our tickets and sat in the sun.(there wasn't much shade!)
After the introductions of the Dogs, they were off! My red dog won!
Next was the Hog Race! These were the ugliest looking hogs I had ever seen! When we first saw the sign for Pig Races we thought that little piglets would be running. Much to our surprise these hogs barely fit in the racing gate! We were cheering for "Green" Eggs and Ham, so Brad could also win! You can't tell by the picture because his green patch fell off, but GREEN Won too!
After the races we stood in a long line to get our Blue Ribbons. Every person who predicted Red or Green to win got a Blue Ribbon. It was so fun!
Later that night after a quick nap, Brad and I went to Que Pasa, a Mexican Restaurant down here that we have wanted to try! It wasn't too authentic but it sure was tasty!! I had enchiladas and Brad had tacos! They had very good chips and salsa as well! Our waiter sent us home with some too!
After Dinner when we were so full, we went over to the middle of the plaza and sat at the fountain. It had finally cooled down a little and we enjoyed ourselves by talking.
I am so glad that Brad and I can enjoy a fun day together! Even though we don't have little ones to enjoy it with, we can still be kids and have a blast! I am so grateful for a husband who surprises me and makes our weekends together so much fun! Thanks Brad!
I am also grateful that it is October and we can enjoy the harvest! Fall is and always will be my favorite season! I also love our little pumpkin family! Can't believe we are going to be a family of three here soon! Life is just so exciting!
Love,
The Duffy's


























Dad would have loved those butterflies and all the other photo opps! Glad you had fun!
ReplyDelete