Summer 2012 is coming to an end. Back to work tomorrow but we had an awesome last 3 weeks!!
Week One: I spent in Spokane while Brad was in the Bob Marshall Wilderness backpacking with his brothers!
When we first got to Spokane we went to Mr. and Mrs. Rice's Wedding Reception! Elizabeth has been a friend of mine since I moved up to Spokane. I am excited that her and her husband Scott will be in Rexburg for a while so we can spend some time with them as newly wedded couples! Congrats Again!

Monday: Brad, Shaun, and Nathan headed on their journey near Kalispell Montana to the remote hiking trails in the Bob Marshall Wilderness!
The Boys had a wonderful time and was a good bonding memory for them before Shaun headed to the MTC. A big thanks to Nathan for organizing the trip, buying the maps, and the yummy treats! They may not have made it out alive if it wasn't for him!
Brad in his favorite spot of the hike!
In the meantime while the boys were camping, I stayed at my parents and cleaned my Mom's house and worked a couple days at my old work!
My dad was out camping with his scouts that week so my mom had a lot of bonding time!
We got pedicures, went out for Osaka Chicken, watched the Olympics, and she made me my favorite Zucchini Casserole!
YUM!!!!
Week 2: Camping at Priest Lake, boating and Welcoming Brian Home!
Sunday Evening we went up to Priest Lake, got in the boat, and Camped on a beautiful island to set up our camp for the next few days!
Brad was so excited to set up our tent! It was the first time we got to camp together!
The next morning, we got up early and went on the boat! Brad started and shred it up on the wake board!
I did a lot better than normal on the wake board! I got in and outside of the wake and even got some air one time! But this was my favorite part! Plugging my nose and falling gracefully! One of the last times I went I caught my front edge and had a super hard fall! Lets just say that it took a few days to recover!
Carmen and I had a blast on the boat! She even cleared the wake that trip! It was a goal of hers to do before Brian came home from his mission!
Beach time! Annie basically lived in her swimsuit and had her feet in the sand the whole time we were there! She couldn't get her sunscreen on fast enough to get down there by the lake!
Carmen loved to snorkel! She is like a fish and she even found some great treasures (fork, brush, rope, and an army man)
A big thanks to Don in being the boat driver and words of encouragement! We couldn't do it without him! He is so awesome!
Brad loved to chill and get his tan on! (more like turn into a lobster by the end of the week)
Oh and I can't forget this girl! Shae was one of my boat buddies during the week! I loved holding her and cheering on everyone in the water!
Welcome Home Elder Duffy!!
Nicole, Carmen and I stayed up the night before to make these wonderful signs! We were pretty excited to say the least!
Here he comes!!!
Brotherly Love!!
Brad has been counting down the days for his bro to come home!
The whole Clan, minus the De la Houssaye family who drove all the way from Logan to surprise us on Friday!
The Whole Duffy Family!
I was so excited that Megan's family came up so that we could get a family photo with everyone before Shaun Left! We were all together for about 5 days and won't be for another 2 years!
(A very special thanks to Nicole for taking and editing these wonderful pictures! Now that they no longer live in Rexburg, I am going to have to carry my camera around more often to get pictures of our adventures! They will be missed!)
Week 3: Saying Goodbye to Shaun and Meeting Quinn!
All of the Boys + the Stake President
We are so proud of you Shaun! We miss you already!
My previous post shows pics of my new niece Quinn! I will have to post more another time! This has already been a picture overload!
Thank you to my Assmus Family and Duffy Family for making these past 3 weeks such a blast! It has been so much fun but am also ready to get back to a normal sleeping routine! I am also glad to be back snuggling on the couch with my Hubby in our own apartment! We have been apart most of the week and are glad to be back together!









No comments:
Post a Comment