Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WOW HOW TIME FLIES!!!

SCHOOL IS OVER.... (for this semester that is!)

This is what I felt like on Friday Afternoon!
It has been one busy semester! Brad and I were both taking a full load of classes and both working part time to make ends meet! We have been so blessed this semester and you will find out why by the end of this post!!

First off we need to update on our June/July Adventures!

June started off with Father's Day! I know I already post about my wonderful fathers, but I can't forget about this guy! Brad has meetings every Sunday so while he was away I prepared a picnic basket! Too bad the weather was horrible that day so we had a picnic in our LIVING ROOM with of course Brad's Camo Blanket!

This was the lunch I prepared! Mini sandwiches, dinosaur fruit snacks, fresh grapes, homemade tortilla chips w/ salsa, and Dr. Pepper!! It was still fun even though we had to stay inside lol! 

The next weekend we had a Birthday Celebration for my sister in-law Carmen and my Mother in-law Heather! We had a big rendezvous in Utah and the first stop was the City Creek Mall in Salt Lake City!

Next we were off to Dinner at...

For those who haven't heard of it, it is downtown in Salt Lake City on Temple Square on the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Building. Basically it is on the roof and you can see though out the whole city! 

Here is the Conference Center! 

The Salt Lake Temple! 

Happy 50th to Heather and Carmen turned 14!

 The Whole Clan!
(Pictured right to left: Annie, Don, Shae, Heather, Carmen, Megan, Maci, Bart, Brexton, Cousin Matthew, Me, Brad, Shaun, Nicole, and Nathan!) Matthew took the place of Brian who is on his mission and comes home in 15 days from Uruguay!

The next morning we went and had a great time at LAGOON!


Even though it was Extremely Hot... We had a great time!!
Thank you to Don for planning a wonderful weekend! We had a BLAST!!

In July we had some guests visit Rexburg!! My parents and Courtney came to visit!!! :) We had so much fun!

Happy 4th of July! I surprised my parents and Brad and I made Flag waffles! (Thanks to Pinterest for the idea!) 

Since it was 4th of July we had to go to the Annual Rexburg 4th of July Parade! We got there early and got awesome seats and joined Nicole and her sweet girls!
Shae Loves her Uncle Brad and Aunt Katelyn!

We are proud to be American!

Later that afternoon My family and Courtney went to Idaho Falls to walk around the town and get a good spot for the firework show!

Loved having this girl with me! I have missed her so much!

My parents headed down to Utah the next morning and Courtney stuck around for a few days to experience the life of a college student! After our classes on Friday, we too drove down to Utah to be with the rest of my family!

On Saturday afternoon we went to the Mulliner's house for Mckensie's Baby Shower!!

First we made personalized onesies for BABY QUINN! I spent quite a bit of time on mine but what can I say it looks good right??

The cute outfit I bought for Quinn! A cute ruffle jean skirt, white t-shirt and made a jean flower head band to match!!!! Can't wait until she is a little older and can fit into those clothes!

 The SISTERS!!! Can't wait to Meet baby Quinn and Zoey!!

All of the Girls!! 

So glad I could spend a little bit of time with my Morgi! I hadn't seen her since my wedding!!! 

Again so grateful My Courty Girl could come down! We just don't see each other enough!  

While we were in Orem, we couldn't leave without stopping at the Orem City Cemetery! We have 5 beloved family members who rest there. My Mom's Father, Grandpa Jacobson, My Great Grandpa Mayer, My Great Aunt Grace, and my mom's two brothers Gregory and Richard Jacobson!

Happy Birthday to Grandpa Jacobson! I sure miss celebrating his birthday's with him and my brother Jeremy! Jer and G-pa were 50 years apart! 

I miss hearing Great Grandpa's cowboy songs he learned at scout camp!  

Great Aunt Grace was the best Skipo card player one would ever meet! She was such a sweet lady and miss visiting her a lot! 

Even though I don't know too much about my Uncles and never met them, I know someday I will be able to meet them and build that relationship with them! It is comforting to know that I have so many Angel's looking over me!



It wouldn't be a trip to Utah, if we didn't hit up a Real Salt Lake Game!!!
We got Courtney to become a true fan as well and splurged to buy a jersey to fit in with the crowd!

Thanks to Kenny and Jerah we got awesome seats! And won the game 3-0!!! 

Speaking of Soccer, the Bench warmers (Brad's intramural soccer team with his work employees) got 2nd place in their intermediate division. It was so fun to watch him have a great time!  

A couple weekends ago, Brad and I had the Date Night of going to see a performance honoring our patriots and pioneers. We had the guest performer of Alex Boye' and it was so wonderful!! He started out with singing "I Can Only Imagine" I busted out in tears right as it began! I thought of my Momma Bray and of Jon Boy! At Debbie's funeral that was the first song that was played and will forever remember her and this wonderful song!



Well probably the most exciting exciting news of the summer was that BABY QUINN OLIVIA ASSMUS was born on July 23, 2012!! She made her grand entrance almost 3 weeks early! She is one of the most precious things that I have ever seen!

I already love her so much!

Mckensie is already a wonderful mother!

Congrats Jeremy and Kensie! Love you guys!! 

As you can see we are truly blessed with all of the family events these past few weeks! We know that all of our blessings come from living our life righteously and living the gospel!
Brad and I have also been blessed with the opportunity to both have internships this upcoming Fall Semester!
Brad will be working as an Apprentice Electrician and estimator on campus and I am working as a Public Health Coordinator at the Student Health Center at BYU-Idaho! I started my job on Monday and absolutely love it so far!

Saturday a new journey starts by going home to Spokane and Couer d' Alane for about 3 weeks! It will consist of Girls Nights with my Mom and in-laws, camping at Priest Lake, and having a family reunion when Brian comes home and before Shaun leaves! So many exciting times!!

Also did I mention I got 5 A's and 2 A-'s! Pretty Dang well for how busy I was! I was pretty excited when I saw the final grades today!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for ALL A's!!!! That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun stuff!! Can't wait for you to come and meet Quinn! You are gonna love her!

    ReplyDelete