Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Time!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!
December started out with an UGLY Sweater Party!!!
Brad and his Elder Quorum put on a ugly sweater party for the Elders and their wives! It was so much fun! It consisted of yummy food, games, gift exchange, and a Catwalk to model our ugly sweaters!!!!
(The Santa we are holding is what we got in the gift exchange!)

Another part of Christmas that I love is Christmas decorations. Since I am just getting started with my collection, it seems as though all of my Christmas Decorations have a story behind them and so I thought I should share the stories on my Blog. 

The Snowmen
Brad and I went to Dinner 2 weeks ago to an old friends of ours. My old FHE sister from my first semester of College, Betsy Shaver, lives in Hayden, ID right now with her brother and sister in-law. Her sister in-law, Liz, went to high school with Brad (Such a small world). We had a great evening with them and when we were about to leave they let us pick out 3 of these snowmen! They had made over 50 of them for friends and family! It is amazing how socks can be so cute with being filled with rice and having some buttons glued on! Thanks Liz and Betsy!

The Nativity
At our ward breakfast, all of the families were given these nativity kits. We got to paint, glue on the heads, and add all of the accessories to the characters. Brad even helped! We had so much fun and they turned out super cute! The little lamb was hidden in the church and the Missionaries in our ward gave a lesson on the lost sheep and the children had to go find them! Brad found ours! :) 

The Christmas Countdown
At Super Saturday we made these countdown blocks. Since my Fall was so busy with work and coaching color guard, I was unable to attend the Super Saturday Event. My mom was so kind to get some extra kits for my sister in-laws and myself, and we had a craft day over thanksgiving! We had so much fun!! 

Noel Block
This last weekend I was able to go to Hayden, Idaho and spend time with my Duffy Family. I went to Don's (my father in-law) work party and joined everyone during lunch and for a white elephant gift exchange. A co-worker of Don's, made all of us these blocks. They are so cute and I was so fortunate that they had an extra for me to have! 

Small Nativity
On Sunday at church, I was able to join Heather and Carmen in Young Women's. Heather taught our lesson and gave the girls these cute nativities. It is so cute and again I was fortunate enough that she had an extra! I lucked out big time!!  

Penguin Ornament
This ornament I actually made myself! I am in my mom's Ornament exchange and this is the ornament I made this year! How it works is that there are 17 ladies in the group and we all make 17 ornaments and exchange them so you leave with 17 homemade ornaments! It is so fun and a good way to build up your ornaments on your tree! I am so excited to someday have my own Christmas Tree with Brad! 
These ornaments were a lot of work and I thank all of those who helped. Don for letting me use his wood shop. Brad for helping cut and sand the wood + helping me with the eyelet screws, my mom for giving me craft tips, and my dad for the fishing wire! 

Hopefully most of your Christmas decorations are up to help you get in the mood of Christmas! It truly is "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!" 
I love you all and hope your Holidays are great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment